Monday 23 March 2009

a phew things

Weird and sticky social thing:

I stopped in a convenience store last night, really tired, just wanted a quick fix of sour cream and onion chips. I heard someone address me and greet me - it was this boy who grew up nearby me, one of the millions of Jewish metro-area boys that I am on a "hey whats up"/ smile basis with. We chitter chattered, and around the corner came the boy he was there with, a friend, in that crowd. This boy happens to be one of the half million that I have seen around since freshman year, but for whatever reason, we never interact or acknowledge each other. Yes, he is my age, a product of the same school system and community system that produced me, and yes we are both Jewish NYU students, but no we never, ever, make eye contact, and if we do, we do not smile or nod or anything. I tried to at the beginning, but I was met with deaf ears and blind eyes. It's ok, no skin off my back. But here we have a clash! I clearly was on a talking-basis with his friend, and we DO know who each other are, so we hastily nodded and smiled and said hey. Cool. Word. I'm still here and I'd vouch for the fact that so is he.

Ego Trip: Hockey. BTSH.

they all want me on their teams. granted, its crappy hockey and its bc im a girl and they dont have enough girls. but i could just be an ignored girl who sucks. instead, im a decent girl who they recruit. YESS!!!!

I signed. with Filthy Gorgeous. I have strange hangups about this whole thing. Who are these people, these expats of yore with rainbow sweatbands round their foreheads, the scrappy attitudes, the standoffish adoptive NY ambience threaded between the PBR's they brag of and tatted skinny-limbs that are somehow agile enough to pick off my every pass. more of this later.

PS any suggestions of consumable items that will give me a 2nd wind? I feel like I'm on my last legs right now and still must actively endure 2 classes and a family simcha. yea. chocolate?
no coffee please kthxbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment