Wednesday 25 February 2009

Things that are Bullshit

Hi.

Too often I am faced with bullshit. Lets unpack the bullshit.

but first: an excerpt from an IM I sent someone tonight after finding my laundry soaking wet and full of lint after I paid quality campus cash for it to be dried in the dorm dryer.

i am so going to cut thru nyus beurocratic process tomororw morning and get that dollar back on my campus cash card, and get an apology from some ass kissing administrator.

they might think that nobody will pursue this because of the mere pence involved, but I surely will. It is the principle, and if nothing else, I am a woman of principle.

So I lug with me, day by day, an antiquated suitcase chock full 'o shit, of the bull flavor.

1. Peanut butter and co. They have peanut butter, but since it's dubbed "gourmet," it runs $6 a jar.

2. The entire NYU Health and Wellness Center. I will unpack this more juicily upon request. Lets just say that on average, I get shot down there by self- important pseudo- MD's about 75% of the time I go. Either that, or I'm told to give whatever the problem/ ailment "a few days," after which the treatment is "a few more days"

As for the Mental Health aspect, express distress and you'll be granted a scrawled perscription to one of about 12 SSRI's that they circulate around the NYU kids, respectively. It's a toss- up which one you'll get. Have been known to favor Cymbalta, Prozac, Paxil, and Anthrax.

As for the ten free therapist sessions, the best advice I got from mine freshman year was that when I was feeling down, anxious, or sad, I should try to "see a movie, read a book, work on a jigsaw puzzle, or go to a museum."

Where is the duncecap when you really need it?

3. Vanilla ice cream. Effin gross.

4. makeup.

5. Asian people wearing blue or green colored contacts.
Why? It would be like me, a white person, getting a lip replacement so I had lips characteristic of a black person, wearing a frizzy wig, and ditto with nose and above re lip. Why be something you're not? Just take a chill.

6. In a certain Gallatin 3- hour long class today a certain teacher- who- shall- not be named was absent, and left us with instructions to lead class ourselves, and what to do. There were 10 different instructions. The entire class showed up, and proceeded to follow all of her directions. What do we make of such a phenomenon? Do people actually care about something? Before they turn 45?

7. when teachers say "this idea that/of" and proceed to say a painfully obvious thing, like "self and other," or some other hackneyed axiom. Oh, I know. "it's cliche for a reason!"

8. Teachers that use words from our youngster parlance to curry favor with us.

9. Teachers who amplify and exaggerate minute technical difficulties in the classroom to get suck-up laughs from the class. We don't care that you forgot to plug in your computer, or the projecter is on the blink. Just do your thing, we'll do ours, and switch to Gallatin.

10. ASsignment pads. Use your hand, it will never get lost.

11. The last hour of latent-ness this poor post has endured due to my internet voyeurism with regards to the "Kimmel 17+1 unnamed gutsy student"

No comments:

Post a Comment